Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weekly Menu Plan

Our plan this week was motivated by my sinuses, my colder than normal office (which means I don't warm up all day during the week) and what's on sale at the store.

I wanted something spicy tonight to help clear out some of the gunk, and the spicy chicken wing recipe we chose really did the trick. Being cold all day also means I crave comfort foods for dinner. Unfortunately most of what comes to mind revolves around grain-based carbs. Thankfully my copies of Everyday Paleo ** and Paleo Comfort Foods ** arrived bright and early this morning, along with my subscription delivery of almond flour from amazon.com. I found some great adaptations of some of my favorite comfort meals.

Saturday Lunch - ham and plums: Dinner- spicy chicken wings from Paleo Comfort Foods and slices of red pepper (I had accidentally bought fresh red peppers last week for our spaghetti sauce, when the recipe actually called for jarred roasted)

Sunday Lunch - leftover Wings Dinner - Shepard's Pie, adapted with mashed cauliflower rather than the traditional mashed potato, and arrowroot to thicken my sauce

Weekday Lunches - larabars, fruit, cucumbers, egg salad and lunch meat
Weekday Breakfasts - Almond flour pancakes and coconut butternut squash

Monday Leftovers from Shepard's Pie

Tuesday Spice Rubbed Slow Cooker Chicken from Everyday Paleo

Wednesday Pot of Chicken Pie made with left over slow cooker chicken, adapted from Paleo Comfort Foods

Thursday Bangers and Mash (cauliflower of course)

Friday Meat Loaf with Mashed Yams adapted from Paleo Comfort Foods


** full disclosure, if you click one of the above links and make a purchase, I get a very small percentage of the sale

No comments:

Post a Comment