Thursday, January 12, 2012

I hate Fridays

Fridays and I do not get along. I know that sounds strange, I mean who doesn't love Fridays? But Fridays at my office mean Donuts. Although donuts are not something I generally crave, and the smell of which made me physically ill during 66% of my pregnancy, I somehow always cave and have at least a few bites of one on Fridays.
A few bites sabotages my day. I know, I know, I'm a grown-up, I have will power. But I swear to you something in the donut destroys my self control. Then lunch time comes, and we always go to lunch as an office on Friday, and I find myself ordering something very non-paleo.

To ward off the temptation I decided to make my own paleo/primal donuts to bring into the office this week. Sunday night, I used part of our grocery budget to buy a donut pan, and set off on my journey of finding the perfect donut.

My first attempt was the Paleo Sugar Cookie Donut from whatrunslori.com (http://www.whatrunslori.com/2011/12/paleo-sugar-cookie-doughnuts/) While they tasted wonderful, they were just a little too wet to come out of the pan in full donut form.
Tonight, I plan on making a few tweaks to hopefully get something that more closely resembles a sinfully good donut. I also need to figure out how to make the outside crispy, as if it were fried, but don't want to fry it. I would love your ideas on how to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment