Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meal Plan Week Three

Saturday - Dinner at a friend's birthday party (mac n' cheese for Hailey, lucky girl)

Sunday - Meat Loaf and Mashed Yams with coconut milk and cinnamon. Both were really good. Even Isaac ate the yams, and he normally steers away from the orange stuff. We just added about 1/4 cup canned coconut milk and some cinnamon to 6 mashed yams.
There was actually enough left that we had the left overs for Monday Lunch and Dinner.

Tuesday - Cauliflower "Arroz" con Pollo from Primal Blue Print Quick and Easy Paleo - this was ok. I thought it was spicy without being flavorful. I think next time I'll try this recipe, which looks much more flavorful.

Wednesday - leftovers

Thursday - Pork Chops with Shredded Brussels Sprouts. Originally I was going to just use salt and pepper on the Brussels Sprouts, but after my friend Heather posted this recipe on her blog, using whole sprouts and maple syrup and bacon, I think I may be adapting the plan a bit. Seeing as how bacon and maple syrup are both ok with most of the primal/paleo community. (Except the super hardcore people who basically abstain from eating anything fun, I'm not one of those people)

Friday - Pot Roast in the slow cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment