Monday, April 23, 2012

The Dress

I've had a dress-suit hanging in my closet unworn for a little over three years. It was my favorite for a long time. It had gotten a little snug, but still fit fine, or so I thought. One day at my former job a 'lead' (think manager) took me into her office and told me I was too fat to wear it and needed to go shopping. Other women got taken in to be told they were inappropriately dressed. Without talking about how incredibly inappropriate this woman was, I will say it did a number on my self-esteem.

I hung that dress in my closet and thought "some day I'll be thin enough again." Three years, a complicated pregnancy, a baby, a year of breast-feeding (No I was not one of those people for home nursing sheds the pounds), and the discovery of Paleo and I am finally confident to wear the dress again.

I have not weighed myself since the start of our Whole30, but I know I'm losing weight. My clothes are the proof. The fact that I'm rocking "the dress" to work today and totally confident in it, just seals the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment