Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day One

What I Ate:

Breakfast - 2 Egg Muffins at 8:00 am

Lunch - Salad with organic greens wild-caught canned salmon, sliced almonds, 1/2 an avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and dill, at 11:00 am because I was starving!

Snack - a large bowl of fruit, ham, 1/2 an avocado

Dinner - Roast chicken, Slaw with red cabbage, cucumber, mango, a shallot, olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Dessert - Plantain "chips"


How I felt

I'll be honest, the first day was really hard. Largely due to the amount of sweets around our office. At home it's easier because I don't have anything to tempt me. But I have to pass the candy bowl every time I go to the restroom, or grab a file, and that makes it hard. By noon I was craving something sweet. I ran out to the store and bought a very large bowl of cut fruit.

It made me realize that I need to pack a bit more food than I did, and make sure I include fruit as part of my meals and snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment