Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 2 - Rule Breaker

There are some rules to the Whole30 I don't follow. You'll see that I probably eat more fruit than the strictest of the bunch would allow. But you know what, I like fruit. It's yummy. And it helps me to resist the temptation of the bagels and cream cheese sitting in the office kitchen. Apparently it's also "recommended" that you space your eating out 4-5hours and only have 3 meals and 1 snack a day. They say it takes that long for your hormones to do everything they need to do. Maybe for my next Whole30 I'll try it. But right now? Well I know because I had to test my blood sugar every few hours for 6 months of my pregnancy, and then chose to after that, my body prefers fuel every 2-3 hours, and I get up early. And since eating dinner at 4 and going to bed at 8 just doesn't work with my schedule I'm going to continue eating every 2-3 hours.

What I Ate:

Breakfast - 2 egg muffins and a banana.
Snack 1 (I know, I'm such a rebel) - ants on a log (using almond butter)
Lunch - left over chicken and slaw
Snack 2 - 2 clementines, I brought some chicken as well but did not feel like I needed it.
Dinner - Steak, zucchini, mushroom and red bell pepper kabobs

No comments:

Post a Comment