Thursday, April 12, 2012

Days 3/4

Days 3 and 4 are reported to be among the hardest for most Paleo/Whole30 challengers. In large part because these are the days when most have the most withdrawal symptoms: headaches, general aches, *ahem* digestive issues. Luckily for me I had a slight headache and nothing more. I was exhausted on Day 3, but I think that had more to do with my daughter's sleeping habits than anything else.

I also added an egg muffin and some blueberries to my breakfast and was satisfied until noon....maybe I don't need to eat every 2-3 hours after all.

What I ate Day 3 :
Breakfast - 3 egg muffins, blueberries
Lunch - left over steak kabobs and cauliflower "fried rice"
Dinner - a banana and some almond butter... I didn't even have a snack

Day 4:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs cooked in coconut butter, a banana
Lunch - Almond crusted chicken (Dipped in dijon mustard, rolled in crushed almonds, bake at 350 for 45 minutes) and spinach
Dinner - Chicken Stirfry


We also made a decision to put Hailey on a Paleo diet for a few weeks. I've thought for awhile she may have a slight dairy intolerance. Even when she was exclusively breastfed I noticed I couldn't have very much cheese or milk or she'd get very cranky. (At the time I was not paleo, or even primal). Then I stumbled across an article that linked common food intolerance to gluten and dairy with sleep issues. I started to think about her latest sleep regression, which times very closely to when we started to pump her full of milk and cheese to try and fatten her up. I'm curious to see if she really does have a connection or not. From Day 3 of our challenge on she'll be Paleo. If there's an improvement when we reach day 30, she'll remain Paleo with us. If there's not, she won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment