Monday, February 25, 2013

Meal Plan Monday 2013 Week 1

As Spring approaches and the weather is nicer, this week's dinners are all about using up the freezer stash of comfort hearty food I've built up over the last few months.  Mainly because I don't really feel like chili when it's 65 or warmer out.  Simply needed to re-heat rather than cook is an added bonus.

DINNERS

Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers from My Paleo Crock Pot.
Chicken and Veggie Soup
Shredded Chicken Tacos made from left over Rock Salt Chicken ( the best chicken I have ever made)
Hot Dog Chili (like a chili dog without the bun) from Health-Bent
Spaghetti Sauce and Squash

  • Pro Tip (did you know you can freeze spaghetti squash? I cook it, put it in muffin tins, freeze and then save it in a zip lock for quick meals)

LUNCH
Left overs
Lunch meat; olives; cucumbers; fruit; almond milk yogurt
Almond Butter & Jelly served on Paleo Pancakes instead of bread (see recipe below)


BREAKFAST
Sweet Potato Hash - I shred a whole sweet potato, with skin on, in my Ninja blender (we sadly have no food processor), heat some coconut oil and add the potato and either cinnamon or Italian seasoning depending on my mood. Cook through (about 10 minutes).  Sometimes I'll cook bacon or sausage first and then add in the potato for a one-pot dish.
Eggs
Cinnamon Bun Muffins from Elena's Pantry
Almond Banana Pancakes from Mark's Daily Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment