Sunday, February 17, 2013

21 DSD - restart

So, I'm not perfect.  I mean I know no one is perfect - this week I have been far from perfect when it comes to our detox.   We were supposed to start on Monday.  But then I didn't get to the store on the weekend, and told myself I'd go first thing Monday morning.

Except when you have a newborn and a 2 year old nothing goes according to plan. NOTHING.

By Sunday night at 9 pm I knew I was not going to get any sleep.  Our newest addition had become very congested thanks to a cold his sister had picked up and lovingly shared with the family.  My mind kept going back to a blog I'd read when Hailey was a baby about another baby who died at a week old from choking on phlegm after catching a sibling's cold.  No sleep it was.   By Monday morning he sounded much better, but I felt horrible.  There was no way I was getting to the store.

By Monday night it was clear I'd caught the cold.  I wanted nothing but orange juice by the gallon.  Our meals were clean and DSD approved, but my snacks were horrible. The whole week was definitely not 21 DSD approved.

Friday Graham had his 2 week check-up and my suspicions about him being dairy sensitive were confirmed, so I have been good about no dairy.  But sugar and gluten have still made their way into my diet this weekend.

So we are restarting...or rather starting for real this time.   I know I definitely need to work on my snacks.  Last week I'd planned smoothies as snacks. But between nursing, diaper changing, and spending quality time with Hailey, cutting up veggies and such to throw in the blender? Not happening.  Without those smoothies I get horribly caloric deficient thanks to nursing, so I end up starving and just grabbing whatever is near. This week I have plans to have pre-cut veggies and nuts at the ready to grab and go .

No comments:

Post a Comment