Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Getting Back on Track

Most of my readers already know my family suffered a huge loss on January 21, when my brother (Honolulu Police Officer Garret Davis) was killed in the line of duty. The subsequent days and weeks were a whirlwind of traveling, visitors and funerals. We are so grateful to everyone who brought food so we did not have to worry about cooking. But three weeks of eating lots of gluten and dairy took their toll.

This Monday, I went back to work and we've started to try to get back to our normal routines. This means getting back to clean, whole food, and to this blog.

Just two days back in and I already feel much better (health wise) than I did on Sunday. I'm only 10 lbs from my goal weight, so my goals are shifting from pure weight-loss, to shaving minutes off my 5k time.

No comments:

Post a Comment